Wednesday, August 21, 2013

PEACE & LOVE AND OPI AND ALCATRAZ....ROCKS

When OPI released information on their A/W 2013 San Francisco Collection, I wasn't that taken with most of it.  Previous collections I've thought 'I HAVE to have this', but with this there were really only a few that stood out.

PEACE AND LOVE AND OPI, which OPI describe as 'This holographic sage and eggplant duo-chrome is far out!'


This is a classic duochrome shimmer, which looks like pewter at first glance, and has green and deep purple tints to it.  This was practically a 'one coater' but I applied two to even out the brush strokes.

ALCATRAZ... ROCKS, which OPI describes as 'There’s no escaping this arresting textured gray.'



This is one of OPI's Liquid Sand polishes, a grainy, multi glittered matte textured polish, with purple and blue tones.  I love how this looks when it first goes on, when it's wet and shiny - and would LOVE if this was a regular glitter.  Having said that, I do love the Liquid Sand look, though not on the whole hand for me - just as an accent nail.


As always, I used OPI Matte Nail Envy for a base coat (IMHO this is THE best base coat on the market... I've tried using sticky/bonding polishes before and this outperforms them, plus, it's a protein treatment for your nails - I think I'm on my 8th bottle of this!).  Then two coats of each polish and finished off wit OPI's Rapid Dry Top Coat. 




No comments: